Digital marketing can be defined as a branch of marketing that utilizes the internet, online platforms and digital technologies such as computers, laptops and tablets to promote products and services.
Digital marketing encompasses Social Media Marketing (SMM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Content Marketing, Email Marketing, Mobile Marketing and Affiliate Marketing.
It involves using multiple digital tactics and platforms to deliver the right message to the right people at the right time in a way that is profitable to your business/company.
Through Digital Marketing, businesses can leverage online channels such as search engine pages, video streaming platforms, social media websites/applications, email and other websites to connect and interact with their existing and potential customers.
Why is Digital Marketing lucrative?
The Digital marketing industry is booming and ever-changing as more companies are realizing the importance of connecting with their target audience through online platforms. Digital marketing efforts guarantee businesses a greater ROI, allows them to reach a global audience, helps them build relationships with their customers faster and gives them a competitive advantage. Almost all companies have an in-house digital marketing team or are outsourcing digital marketing to an agency.
Learning digital marketing will add weight to your resume and help you expand your skill-set. It will also open-up an array of opportunities for you because the demand for professional digital marketers is growing exponentially every year.
Why are webinars the best way to learn?
From blogs & white papers to e-books, there is a lot of content on digital marketing available online. But when you try to learn digital marketing through articles or books it is easy to get confused and mix up important concepts. Whereas, through webinars, you can learn from industry experts and can easily clarify your doubts on/post the webinar.
Webinars include audio, visuals and are often beginner-friendly. While reading can get boring and difficult to do for long periods of time. Webinars focus on important as well as relevant digital marketing topics and are absolutely-free of cost!
Here is a list of the top 10 free digital marketing webinars to join:
- Search Engine Journal: Search Engine Journal is a one-stop site to learn about new SEO tips and tricks. If you wish to specialize in Search Engine Optimization and gain in-depth knowledge on SEO, SEJ Thinktank articles should be your go-to references.
SEJ webinars cover the most trending topics in digital marketing including SEO, content marketing, PPC, mobile marketing and even Social Media Marketing (SMM). They also educate businesses on building backlinks, increasing website traffic, gaining domain authority and improving on-page SEO through their webinars. These webinars are conducted twice a month and you can sign-up for free.
The best part is you can find video tutorials and recordings of their past webinars on their YouTube channel. If you want to become an expert in SEO you simply cannot miss out on their webinars.
- SEMrush: Based in Boston, SEMrush is one of the leading SaaS companies selling marketing analytics software subscription and online visibility. The best part is SEMrush is not only known for its quality SEO tools, but it is also popular for its webinars.
They cover main digital marketing subjects such as affiliate marketing, content marketing, Facebook advertising, Marketing strategy, Google Analytics, Email marketing and of course search engine optimization (SEO). Much like SEJ, SEMrush has a webinar archive you can refer to if you missed out on their past webinars.
If you are interested in on demand digital marketing courses you should try SEMrush Academy. All the courses available in SEMrush academy are free and you do not need to pay a fee to receive certifications. Link building, rank tracking, keyword research, backlink management and on-page SEO are a few topics covered by the SEMrush academy.
- Hubspot: Hubspot is an American software development company that develops and markets its products for inbound marketing, customer service and sales.
Similar to SEMrush Academy, Hubspot Academy is one of the best e-learning platforms if you want to add to your digital marketing and content marketing knowledge. Hubspot Academy is well known for its Inbound marketing, Social media marketing and content marketing courses. All these courses are free and you have to take an examination to get certified.
Hubspot organizes free webinars along with industry experts on a wide range of topics such as Advertising, analytics, blogging, buyer personas, lead generation, marketing automation, Email marketing, inbound marketing strategy, SEO, Mobile marketing and so on. You can also find e-books and recordings of their past webinars on their website.
- Kissmetrics: Kissmetrics was founded by Neil Patel in 2008, a digital marketing industry giant and a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) expert, who created one of the best Keyword research tools Uber Suggest. KISSmetrics is the ultimate web analytics software solution that has been appreciated by The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Techcrunch and The Atlantic.
You cannot miss out on the weekly Kissmetrics webinars, as they deal with the key concepts of digital marketing such as content marketing, SEO, how to utilize analytics data and email marketing. Currently they have a library of 230+ webinar recordings available on their website for free.
- Marketing Week: Based in London, the Marketing week is an excellent online platform that provides insights and the latest news on everything related to marketing both digital and traditional. In 2019, they also started an online subscription service which will provide exclusive insights on customer, market and sector developments.
They have a lot of information available on marketing and advertising solutions on their website and organise webinars with renowned marketing experts and brands. The Marketing Week provides unique insights about the industry and also has a massive library of all their previous webinar recordings.
- Unbounce: The Canadian software company, Unbounce provides a tool for businesses that produces user-friendly and high-converting landing pages without needing to write code. Unbounce is also the host of a Call-to-Action conference for marketers.
Their webinars are great for those who want to improve the conversion rates of their websites and those looking to learn more about conversion rate optimization. Their webinars are called Unwebinars and typically go on for 30 mins to 1 hour. Landing page design, landing page critique, lead generation, lead nurturing, copywriting, analytics, A/B tests and campaign ideas are the core areas they talk about in their ‘unwebinars’
They also host a 30-minute webinar to help users master the unbounce tool and clarify doubts live.
- Marketo: The American software company Marketo develops powerful marketing automation software that can help digital marketers to engage customers and their target audiences. They provide software solutions for every digital marketing need. In September 2018, Adobe inc. purchased Marketo.
If you are looking to improve your content marketing skills you cannot miss out on Marketo’s webinars.
They have about 100 plus webinars available on demand on their website and cover a wide range of topics from marketing automation, data driven marketing, even strategy, content strategy, inbound marketing, lifecycle marketing, mobile marketing, social media marketing to email marketing, lead nurturing and lead generation.
- Adweek: First published in 1979, Adweek is a weekly advertising trade publication based in the USA. Adweek focuses on global advertising, creativity, new campaigns and client-agency relationships. Adweek is read by industry experts and they know all about digital marketing.
During the lockdown, Adweek is organising more live events, webinars and liveshows. They are hosting webinars 5 days a week and discuss diverse topics such as the future of advertising, consumer targeting, identity based advertising, e-commerce strategy optimisation, agile marketing, audience strategy and so on. I
Currently have an on-demand webinar library with over 330 recorded webinars. Whether you are planning to specialize in a particular-area of digital marketing or want to become a digital marketing expert, you surely cannot miss these insightful webinars.
- GetResponse: GetResponse is essentially an online marketing software for small businesses. They help companies to create email marketing campaigns, attractive landing pages and also aid them with marketing automation. If you want to learn more about Email marketing you need to refer to GetResponse webinars.
The best part is you do not need to download any extra application to attend these webinars, you can join them directly from your smartphone, tablet or laptop. They always announce their webinars on social media and send you reminders once you sign up. Their webinars are very engaging yet educational.
- Wordstream: Wordstream aims to help marketers and advertising agencies to get better results from their PPC and SEO efforts by providing search marketing software solutions. Through its blog and online learning platforms like PPC University, WordStream is known for being a thought leader in the digital marketing industry, and provides award-winning free tools, such as the AdWords Quality Grader, to support marketers with campaign strategy and analysis.
In their webinars, they deal with topics related to PPC campaigns, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Instagram trends, Ad copy hacks, social media advertising hacks, Google Ads, Facebook trends and so on.
It is important to sign-up and regularly attend digital marketing webinars for beginners and digital marketers. Digital marketing is an ever-changing industry and thus, it is important to learn about the latest trends and improve your skills as a marketer from time to time. Webinars are almost always hosted by the experts of any domain you might be interested in and even if you miss out on a few webinars you can always watch the recorded ones. Instead of reading lengthy articles and e-books, learning through these webinars can prove to be much more effective. Happy learning!